- Contact me to discuss a date, the package you would like and any other information you might need.
- Once we have locked in a date you will need to pay the reservation fee ($100) and sign the contract to secure your spot. The reservation fee holds the date and time of your session. This amount comes off the amount of the package you choose, so if you purchase the $195 package you will pay $100 at the time of booking then the remaining $95 prior to the session.
- I ask you to fill in a questionnaire so that we are on the same page regarding your vision for the session and what is important to you. It also helps me to get to know your family!
- I’ll email you a Client Guide with advice on what to wear, how to prep the kids and more. If you have any questions please contact me. You may also find some answers on my FAQ page.
- The day before your session. I will contact you to do a weather check (for outdoor sessions) and confirm the meeting location and time. If conditions are unfavorable, we will simply agree to re-schedule for another day.
- During your session I’ll give you some gentle guidance, but as you relax we get more playful and candid – which is often where the amazing moments happen!
- If you have agreed to it a Sneak Peek will be available on social media within 24 hours.
- Within 3-4 weeks I will send you the link to your online gallery to view and download your images. When viewing the images online there will be my watermark on the images, however this will not be on the images you download. There will be one
- Once you have viewed your gallery – if you love more images than are provided in your collection you can purchase addition images. If you have purchased the Grand collection then you can download all the images and your family can also download any images they love. If you have purchased the Classic or Modest collection then the main clients email address is linked and needs to be used to download the amount of images included.
- Any prints or other products can be ordered through my preferred professional lab at this time or you are welcome to print your own images. Feel free to ask for advice about where or where not to print.
Every photo has a story behind it, and that’s why I love what I do.
How it Works
I love to photograph at ‘golden hour’ – about one hour prior to sunset, as the light is golden and amazing. It is such a lovely time of the day to photograph outdoors but I understand it doesn’t always work with young children so we can arrange another time of day. Morning sessions can have beautiful light too. If the location has lots of shade then we can potentially accommodate other times of the day. In home Newborn sessions are best in the morning.
Sessions typically last up to 1 hour ~ sometimes a bit more or a bit less, depending on the type of session, how many people are being photographed and the location. In home Newborn sessions typically last around 2 hours.
Newborn Sessions are done in the comfort of your home. If you would like another option, such as an outdoor newborn session, I am happy to discuss your ideas and together we can arrange a session you will love.
For all other sessions we will meet at one of the incredible locations our gorgeous city has to offer, or you can choose to have your session in your own home.
There are huge variety of beautiful beaches, gardens, hills or forests to choose from in Christchurch and surrounding areas. I can help you choose a location to suit your vision if you are unsure. Often locations that are not overly busy can make clients feel more comfortable while providing a safe space for children to run around. If there is a particular place that is special to you then its a must for your session location!
I offer a fun and relaxed session experience taking the stress out of having family photos. I utilise movement and laughter balanced with quiet moments to create a laid back, meaningful experience focusing on the connection of your family. I have a lifestyle approach to sessions, capturing moments as they happen, while also gently guiding you and offering suggestions of what to do. Grandparents often want photos of everyone looking, so I always make sure I get a few of those too! I love to photograph all the emotions in the session, showcasing the unique connection and personality of your family.
With lifestyle newborn sessions the baby is photographed at home with their family. There is lots of time for feeding and snuggles, just capturing the special moments of having a new baby at home. I gently guide you to get the most flattering light or angles but it’s mostly just about being a family. Sessions are relaxed with no rushing and the baby determines how fast or slow the session goes!
The reservation fee is paid on booking to secure your session date. Then you choose one of the collections of digital images that suits your needs, you may only want a few images to capture that moment in time or you may want a larger variety of images. All images are high resolution and include a print release for personal use. You can also purchase individual prints and other products from my preferred professional print lab.
Other Sessions such a seasonal mini sessions and petite maternity are priced to include the number of files indicated in the descriptions.
Prior to the session – I communicate with you prior to the session to ensure I have a good understanding of how you envisage the session, what you are really wanting but also to make sure you get the most from the shoot and love the results. More than anything, I want you to have images that you cherish. I can help you with wardrobe choices and any other questions you have. I will be in touch the day before the session to do a weather check (for outdoor sessions) and confirm our time and location to meet.
At the session – We have a relaxed, fun and laughter-filled shoot, during which I use poses and prompts to create beautiful and authentic moments, while capturing all the candid moments as well. I am very experienced with Children so you can relax at the session while I will work with them. I don’t expect small children to sit still and look at the camera as it is often unrealistic but we will have use movement, games and laughter while getting images that show your family connection.
After the session – If you have agreed, there will be a sneak peek on Social Media within 24 hours. You are welcome to tag yourself in the image/s and share. Approximately 3 weeks later, you will receive an online password protected gallery of gorgeous high resolution images to view, download and print at a location of your choice.
Sweet Light Photography nz